Sunday, January 8, 2012

It all began with a box of Borax

I have decided to begin blogging due to the overwhelming response I have received from Facebook friends about making my own laundry soap. 

My journey into the world of DIY products began with the need to use up a box of Borax, which was purchased for a DIY project of an unpleasant sort.  While living in our previous home out in the wilds of West Texas our humble abode was visited by a family of (dare I say it) roaches. We had tried all kinds of pesticides to rid ourselves of the unwanted houseguests when a friend suggested that her mother-in-law uses a concotion of powder sugar and Borax to kill the little devils. Desperate, I purchased the Borax and doused my kitchen. We did get rid of the bugs, but unfortunatly Borax only comes in one size BIG. So we moved to a tiny apartment in the city and the Borax moved with us.

I was intrigued when I heard a friend talk about the frugality of making your own cleaning products. Then I was pleasantly surprised to find that this was the perfect use for my BIG BOX OF BORAX! My facebook friends have all become so interested in my endeavors that I decided to start a blog to share.

Here I shall share my ever increasing collection of hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment